Aztec Models A-37•
Posted on February 04 2015
AztecModels has done it again.
Like their previous sheets, the decals are in perfect register; offer many of the markings in two part decals, in opaque finish.
Available in 1/48 and 1/72 scale and with color diagrams. The A-37 is especially well suited for export to Latin American countries and is much more suitable to the kind of environment in which they will be used, and that is as a COIN fighter.
Before getting on to the decals, let me give you some info on the instruction sheet. There are two full sheets with profiles on three sides with the fourth and five being an overhead view of the camo scheme and color suggested. You always can download the PDF version with full color depicts.
The sheet tries to be very useful, though some of the black decals are barely visible against the dark backgrounds of several of these aircraft schemes.
Another real nice improvement is in the data placement. With so many countries using the plane, there are often different languages used. The data placement sheet takes those into consideration. It also gives what is on the decal as well as a number.
For many of the aircraft on the sheet, there are many numeral options and schemes markings. Several countries have been operating the Dragonfly long enough to go through several scheme changes as well and some of them are presented on this sheet.
Well, now down to what is there.
- Two schemes for the Colombian Air Force. One A-37B with an astonishing Dragon Scheme. A T-37 in a classic glossy white/dark blue scheme.
- One sharkmouth scheme for the Dominican Republic Air Force
- Four schemes for the Chilean Air Force, including desert, Euro 1, and HiVis Academy.
- Two for the Uruguayan Air Force
- Two scheme for El Salvador
- Two for the Guatemalan Air Force. One of them in aerobatic scheme (five numeral options).
- Four schemes for the Peruvian Air Force. Desert, Green/gray, HiVis Academy.
- Two for Honduran Air Force, with a Sharkmouth.
- Two for the Brazilian AF. T-37 Academy.
- Two Ecuadorian Air Force A-37B, Cenepa War.
More than 20 aircraft
Recommended for 1/72 Academy kit, and in 1/48 Trumpeter, Monogram, Revell, Encore kit. This last kit has just recently been issued so get it while you can.
Even more, AztecModels just released the mask line to make easier to paint canopy and wheels.
In the case of Part 1, Aztec released a mask for paint camo for Columbian Dragon Scheme.
Mexican F-5 1/32
The kit from Revell was built without additional parts. Main accesory was Aztecmodels.com 32-001 decal. The kit was ok but re scribing raise...Read More
Viggen camo mask
Hi there, Now we will show, very briefly how to use new Aztecmodels masks. In this case Aztec made a detailed work with Viggen Mask...Read More
Aztec Models Salvad...
All Things Come... How many times have you heard it said that a modeller laboriously finished a conversion or a complex detailing job, only ...Read More